Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Monday, August 3, 2015

Ballet Recital

Hannah had so much fun performing on the big stage! I volunteered as a back-stage mom and I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I had to help seven other girls get ready and change costumes in between their numbers!! It was crazy. I was so out of my league. I definitely saw some serious Dance Moms backstage, though. They were rolling around suitcases and putting their girls in three pairs of panty hose (so when they needed to change, they just ripped off the outside pair and voilĂ , they were ready)!  I had no idea what I was doing, but Hannah was glad I was there and somehow we made it through.

Sweet girl ready for tap.

IMG_1449

Ballet

IMG_1451

The boys loved watching her. Scott put them in the stroller and walked 3+ miles that night around the cultural district. Thanks to some good friends who let them hang out for a while during the 3 1/2 hour performance!! Yes, that’s worth repeating…3 1/2 hours!! Why are recitals so long!?! And, of course, her tap routine was in the first act and ballet was in the second act near the end….ugh!!

IMG_1776

Henry was asleep for her second performance.

IMG_1777

Good job, Hannah! It was definitely a night to remember!!

No comments: