Hannah started a new school (mother’s day out) this year that is closer to our house. So far she is loving it. She was also pretty excited the first day. Quite the difference from the first day last year.
Friday, September 23, 2011
Little man is still a happy baby….most of the time! He enjoys rolling around on the floor and watching Hannah’s every move. He started army crawling a few days ago and now he can pretty much maneuver his way around the room (if he see’s something worth grabbing and putting in his mouth). He will occasionally get on all fours and lunge forward or Hannah will “help” him by pushing him forward. I think he will crawl pretty soon.
At his 6 month check-up he weighed in at 16 pounds which put him in the 45 percentile. I looked back at Hannah’s baby book and she didn’t hit 16 pounds until she turned one! He might be average, but to us….he’s a chunk!
He’s wearing a size 3 diaper and size 6-9 month clothes. He nurses 4-5 times a day and is eating 3 solid meals. I give him lots of bananas, pears and avocados because they are easy to mash up. Other than that he’s had applesauce, squash, sweet potatoes, roasted peaches, carrots and green beans.
His sleeping pattern is…well…not that great, but it’s getting better. He takes two naps most of the time (if they are short, we might slip in a third nap in the evening), and he goes to bed around 8:00. He’s finally sleeping through the night on a more predictable basis, so I’m getting more rest (insert Happy Dance)! He wakes up around 6:30-7:00 and sometimes goes back to sleep after he eats.
Nathan…I will take more pictures of you for your next update. Promise!
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
July blessings cont….
21. sweet giggle
22. baby smell
23. cousins playing together
24. time spent playing on the floor
25. backyard scavenger hunts
26. Family visiting
27. air conditioning in Texas summers!
28. clean laundry
29. her imagination at work
30. cleaning peanut-butter off her face
31. a husband hard at work
32. a husband walking through the door after work
34. Hannah memorizing scripture
35. little brother rolling over
36. time with daddy in the evenings
37. her button nose
38. little brother sucking his thumb
39. air conditioning (I’m going to count this one twice)
40. little brother rolling on a blanket made by his great-great grandmother
41. Hannah in her PJ’s
42. Scott’s kettle corn
43. family movie nights
44. breezy mornings on the swing
45. clean water
46. Hannah playing dress-up
47. our church family
48. talking on the phone with parents
49. wise counsel of friends
50. library books on the floor….