Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Monday, August 3, 2015

Hannah’s 6th Birthday

This was a big year for Hannah. She went to kindergarten and LOVED it! She was such a good student and we couldn’t have been more proud of her. She loved her teacher and got along really well with everyone in her class. She learned how to read and her handwriting improved tremendously.

IMG_0950

Her favorite subject, much to Scott’s enjoyment, was math. He enjoyed helping her with her math worksheets at home in the evenings. Of course, she never really needed much help because she already knows how to do everything ;)

IMG_1739

They had Muffins with Mom in May and I was able to see a lot of her work. The teacher let each child show their mom all the things they had been working on throughout the year: math workbook, journal, book bags, etc. Hannah was really proud of all her work but she was probably the most excited to show me her cubby. She took me over to it and whispered in my ear, “My cubby is always the neatest.” She then showed me how everything had a place and how she put it back the same way everyday. Her math workbook and journal were on the bottom (she said it didn’t matter what order they were in), then her pencil box was on top of them and her book baggies were placed neatly to the side with her drink in front. I wish she would only keep her room and closet just as neat!

IMG_1381

She also took ballet and tap in the fall. She worked really hard and did a great job at her recital! She also danced in a little festival in Fort Worth.

IMG_1667

She enjoyed getting ready for dance almost as much as she liked the actual class!

IMG_1226

She still loves all things “fancy.”

IMG_1474

Hannah is a great big sister and loves to play with her brothers  Her behavior also really improved this year, and she has found ways to compromise with Nathan more and more.  She loves playing dolls and barbies in her room, working puzzles, dancing, dressing up, and any kind of craft.  She also likes to play school….she always has to be the teacher. She loves getting Sonic drinks after school as a treat.

She pretty much wants to just be an adult.  Case in point: one night when I (Scott) was putting her to bed, she asked what grade she would be in when she could drive.  I told her about 10th grade.  Then she asked how old she would be.  I said 16.  Then she said, “When I’m 16, I’m going to run away.  I’m going to live with my grandparents.”  I started smiling, and she said “I’m serious, Daddy, I’ve been planning this.”  I told her we would miss her. She said, “Don’t worry, we can facetime.”  I think she might have been serious.

Here is her Birthday questionnaire

1. What is your favorite color?  Pink

2. What is your favorite toy?  Kit (an American Doll that she doesn’t have yet)

3. What is your favorite stuffed animal?  My Kitty Cat (Lemon)

4. What is your favorite thing to sleep with?  Pink Blanket

5. What is your favorite fruit? Cantaloupe

6. What is your favorite cereal? Icing Cereal (Frosted Mini Wheats)

7. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  Pancakes

8. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  Ham sandwhich and pretzel

9. What is your favorite dessert?  Ice-cream

10. What is your favorite animal? A Peacock

11. What is your favorite book? Ramona

12. What is your favorite song? Let It Go

13. What is your favorite game?  Tag

14. What is your favorite TV show? Sophia

15. What is your favorite movie? Paddington

16. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Swing

17. Who is your best friend? The Gartner girls

18. What is your favorite bible story? The story of Hannah

19. What do you want to be when you grow up?  A teacher

20. What’s your favorite sport? Ballet

We love you Hannah Mae!  We are so proud of you and can’t wait to see what the next year will bring.

No comments: