Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Day 5/7

I was distracted last night by a really good movie, so I’m just now getting to this post.

Henry’s been getting up at least two times at night, so it takes me a while to get going in the mornings. At 8:30 yesterday morning my friend called to ask if her little 2nd grader could come over and be my “helper” for the morning. She wants to be a babysitter but is still a little young, so her mom thought this was a good way to start. She’s really sweet, the kids like her and I did have lots of laundry to do so I told her to come on over. Her little sister ended up staying too because my friend was on her way to the grocery store and I thought how nice it would be to buy groceries on my own. If I can’t do it, I can help someone else! Besides, what’s one more kid when you have four in the house already!?! And this particular friend has helped me so many times before, especially when Henry was firstborn, so it felt good to finally be able to help her out a little too. As you can imagine, I didn’t get much laundry done but the kids had fun.

At noon, before he even ate his lunch, Nathan went to his room, turned out his light, turned the sound machine on and crawled into bed. I woke him up at two to go to a birthday party down the road.

This house was so nice. When we walked in Hannah said, “Wow, this looks like an apartment!” I think she meant a hotel. The couches had about twenty pillows on each one and she said, “How do they sit down with all those pillows in the way?” I told her I didn’t know, but we shouldn’t touch anything!

 013dd24a665515c7c9ae6a0d274c6f044bfe20e71d013e0eb9f833a1f14c2dc60e55c03eb28ee152295f01853e55001a46ede56dc3023086c022edf4ef1f13

Nathan kept swallowing the pool water and had to go to the bathroom about three times. Once, I was talking to the other moms when one started laughing and pointing behind me. I turned around and Nathan had his pants down going potty in their grass. We need to work on modesty.

While I was putting Henry down for bed, Scott was being really loud playing with the kids. I came out and must have not been very nice because Hannah said, “Daddy, you need a consequence.” Her and Nathan discussed it and came up with two options. Hannah suggested a spanking and Nathan suggested that he not get to watch one Aggie football game. I think the latter would be the most effective!

After the kids were in bed, Scott and I watched Lone Survivor. Wow. Such a good movie (except for the language). I had to cover my eyes/leave the room a few times because it was so intense. I felt really patriotic afterwards and somewhat guilty for rarely thinking about what our military men and woman go through for our freedom. I will definitely make an effort to thank them the next time I see them.

No comments: