Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Monday, June 23, 2014

Mother’s Day Bug

My Mother’s Day weekend started out pretty good. I went to Hannah’s school on Thursday to enjoy a little “Muffins with Mom” breakfast. It was so cute. The moms waited outside and then the kids came one at a time and invited us to the room. Hannah showed me to my seat and then “served” me breakfast. When we were done, she cleaned up everything and threw it away. She was very proud of herself.

IMG_1192

Then everything went south. I took the boys home and Nathan got on the couch and went to sleep. I knew something was wrong because that never happens. I checked his temp and sure enough he had fever. Then came the diarrhea. The really bad kind. Like can’t make it to the potty and go all over the floor kind.

IMG_1199

That was Thursday. Friday morning Hannah wasn’t feeling great. It hit me on Saturday. By that time Nathan was feeling a little better, but me and poor little Hannah did not fair so well. And I had to nurse Henry through the whole thing! So not only was I up feeding him at night, but I was also running back and forth to the bathroom while Scott was trying to take care of Hannah and Nathan. By 5 am Sunday morning (Mother’s Day), we had changed Hannah’s sheets on her bed for about the third time and at 6 am I was bleaching the floors in between waves of nausea.

I thought this picture was funny because I didn’t set it up at all. These things were just on our bar the entire time. I was rubbing essential oils on everyone and diffusing them all over the house. I doused everything in Lysol and poor Scott did about 50 loads of laundry and the dishwasher was going constantly.

IMG_7364

IMG_7365

Then, poor little Henry got sick. And did you know that you have to nurse an infant every HOUR when they are sick so they don’t get dehydrated?! It was a nightmare and I’m not sure how we survived.

Poor Hannah was so tired of being sick. She tried to sit outside just to get out of the house, but was quickly back on the couch.

IMG_7366

Nathan trying to stay hydrated with popsicles.

IMG_7368

Superdad!!! Not all men would strap on a baby carrier. Just another reason why I love this guy. So even though this Mother’s Day was not at all restful, I definitely felt needed and loved by my family. That’s all this mama needs.

IMG_7369

No comments: