Our big five year old! This has been a big year for you sweet girl. You became a big sister again! You had a hard time with the adjustment to a new baby in the house, but you love him so much. You always want to hold him and can’t keep your hands off him most of the time (which can be frustrating for mommy). But you really just want to help and you do a great job. You love singing him lullabies and are very proud when you can get him to sleep!
You have a different kind of relationship with Nathan. You love to play with him when he’s playing what you want him to play: Barbie's, Mommy and Daddy, school (your always the teacher), etc. The problem comes when he wants to do “boy” things. But most of the time, he’s happy just being your sidekick. He sure is going to miss you when you start school in the fall!
You still love playing dress-up. Here are a few of your favorites.
You love all things girly, but also don’t mind getting dirty. You always want to pet the snakes at the zoo. I’m still not brave enough to try it!
You have learned to swing by yourself this year and spend a lot of time just swinging in the backyard. You still love working puzzles, listening to music, singing and doing crafts.
One recent accomplishment is reading!! We’ve been working at home together and you’ve picked it up so fast. It’s hard for you to let me assume the role of teacher. That’s just not how it works in your mind. However, your letting it slide because, although you don’t like to admit it, I actually know a few things that you don’t
It’s so fun watching you learn new things everyday. Although kindergarten is such a scary thought for me right now, I know you are going to do great in school and can’t wait to see you blossom.
We love you so much!
1. What is your favorite color? Pink and Purple
2. What is your favorite toy? Playing Barbie's
3. What is your favorite stuffed animal? My Unicorn
4. What is your favorite thing to sleep with? My pink blanket
5. What is your favorite fruit? Strawberries
6. What is your favorite cereal? Honey Bunches of Oats
7. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Waffles
8. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? A Lunchable (I never buy these so she thinks they are so awesome)
9. What is your favorite dessert? Cookies-n-Cream Ice Cream
10. What is your favorite animal? A unicorn
11. What is your favorite book? Sleeping Beauty
12. What is your favorite song? Do you want to build a Snowman (Frozen)
13. What is your favorite game? Sequence
14. What is your favorite TV show? Curious George
15. What is your favorite movie? Frozen
16. What is your favorite thing to do outside? swing
17. Who is your best friend? Charlotte
18. What is your favorite bible story? Baby Jesus
19. What do you want to be when you grow up? A Mommy
20. What’s your favorite sport? Tennis