Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Sunday, August 4, 2013

64th Annual Fling Reunion

The second weekend in June, just like I’ve done for the past 30 years, we headed to the lake for our family reunion.

Actually, the kids and I went down to my parents house the week before the reunion to get some more time in with all the family.

We did a little horse riding…

IMG_0622

a little tractor riding…

IMG_1232

and a little visiting with loved ones we don’t get to see that often.

IMG_1233

Then, after all this fun, we hit a rough patch. My mom got a REALLY bad virus and I had to watch all the kids. A big thanks to O and Mimi for saving us on this one. I took all the kids (mine and my sisters) over to Devers while Mom fought the virus on her own. I ended up coming down with the same thing before we left for the lake and then Hannah had her own version of it a few days later. BUT, did we let it keep us down? No way!

On Friday, we headed to the lake and had a great weekend full of too much fun and too much sugar!

IMG_0625

The kids both participated in the fish tournament this year and although they didn’t win, they each “caught” a fish.

Hannah wasn’t interested in fishing until I showed her the trophy she would win and then it was game on…she got serious.

IMG_0627

Hannah and Betsy were pretty much inseparable all weekend. They fought as much as they played I think.

IMG_0629

IMG_0718

Here they are holding hands and jumping off the pier. I used to do this exact thing with my cousins off this same pier. Pretty neat.

IMG_0633IMG_0634

photo (15)

Little boy had a great time, too.

IMG_0630

He really loved the golf carts.

IMG_0635

Then on Sunday, Hannah and Nathan led us in song before my Dad led the devotional. We didn’t think they would sing, but they didn’t shy away from the microphone and the approximately 100+ crowd of Flings.

We were so proud of my dad for speaking so honestly about his struggles and his faith with the family. It was a true testimony of the redemptive work of Christ and it had a tremendous impact. Thanks, Dad!

No comments: