I (Scott) am writing this post. Jennifer is still way too emotional about the subject. The day we moved out, she stayed behind to clean. I came back to pick her up and she was basically mopping the floors with her tears. Needless to say, it was a rough day for her. (I got permission to share that information).
So, we sold our house at the end of September. This was the first house we ever bought. We lived there 5 1/2 years, and it was the perfect house for our young family but we were quickly outgrowing it.
We had lots of good memories in the house including the following:
- Life as a young married couple with no kids
- Countless days on the back porch relaxing while watching the kids and dogs play in the yard
- listening to rain hit the tin roof on the back porch
- Pool parties
- Bringing our first two babies home from the hospital
- all our rooms being so close together; we never needed baby monitors (this was good and bad…especially at nap times)
- Watching our kids learn how to walk
- Evening walks in the neighborhood
- Feeding the ducks at the pond
- Walking to the park to let the kids play
- Visiting with our sweet neighbors Wanda, Ms. Wood, and others
- Backyard birthday parties
- Raking leaves in the fall
- Yard work
- Remodeling projects
- Visits from out of town guests
- baking cookies with Aunt Anne
- The few holidays we spent there as a family
- Coming home from work for lunch with Jennifer and the kids
- Jets flying over (normally at naptime)
- Quick trips after dinner for ice cream at Burger Box or Braums
- Meeting new friends in the neighborhood
- Riding our bikes “up the hill to Overhill” from the river
- Swimming with the kids
- Big shady trees
- Saturday morning pancakes
Here are a couple of pictures of us the last day in our house.
We will miss our time there but are excited to see what God has in store for us next!