Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Friday, September 28, 2012

Sprint Triathlon

In late spring, my friend and I started toying with the idea of running in a sprint triathlon. We both had wanted to do one for a while but between pregnancies and breastfeeding neither of us had the opportunity! She finally convinced me to get a membership to our local YMCA and the training began. Looking back, this was the main reason I survived all the showings of our house this summer. We pretty much went to the Y everyday, which worked out perfectly since I needed to work-out anyway. The race was a 300 meter swim, 16 mile bike ride, and 3.1 mile run (in that order).

About to jump in the pool.

IMG_1039

IMG_1042-001

Running from the pool to the transition area (See my cheering squad behind me? A big thanks to family for coming in to watch me race. I felt like I was in high-school again…it was great).

IMG_1044

Getting on my bike.

IMG_1045

IMG_0577

IMG_0578

Time to run.

IMG_0584

Coming down the home stretch.

IMG_0585

I wish you could have seen me cross the finish line. I was so excited I threw my hands up over my head (picture Rocky) and let out a big, “YES!!” The workers were like, “Here’s your water and medal…next.” It was pretty anti-climatic after all that hard work.

My sweet friend and me after the race. IMG_0586

I had lots of fun training and competing in this race. It felt good to have a goal and work hard to achieve it (which in my case was to just cross the finish line without stopping or passing out).

1 comment:

Donald and Angela said...

Oh my gosh! SO proud of you - way to go!!! You looked so great and I can't imagine what a fantastic feeling that must be to cross that line!