Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Monday, May 24, 2010

Summer Dresses

So, I finally finished my first clothing sewing project. When I started I was thinking I was making a bathing suit cover up, but when I finished I realized I could wear it as a dress, or a long shirt with tights or skinny jeans....the possibilities are endless!!

The finished product!



Here's a close up of the top. It's basically just smocking done by the sewing machine....so easy!


I dressed it up a little with this yellow cardigan and wore it to church on Sunday.
(Scott wasn't suppose to get my head in the picture...he said he didn't, but this is what I got).


I had enough material leftover to make Hannah a smaller version with straps. I had all these happy thoughts of making matching outfits for us in my head. I was getting really excited, but was very disappointed when Hannah's came out too small. (I'm sure she'll be glad later in life...it saved her from some embarrassing pictures). I think Scott was relieved too. He didn't want to have to go to church on Sunday and explain why his wife and daughter were dressed exactly alike. I told him I could make him a shirt too...he politely declined the offer. Anyway, next time I will measure a little better.

No comments: