Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Saying good-bye…

IMG_4144

Back in June, our family said good-bye to sweet friends. They packed up and headed north for cooler temperatures…who can blame them!?! In my opinion, we met them way too late in the game. We really just started getting to know them over the last year or so. I wish we could have had a few more years. But…the Lord gives and the Lord takes away. I’m thankful for the time we had.

You see…they were a lot like us. She and I loved sewing, crafts, and taking walks with the babies. Her husband and Scott both enjoyed biking, running, camping and such. They had two children the same ages as Hannah and Nathan, we went to the same church, should I go on?

Hannah absolutely adored their son. You remember their camping trip? She always asked if he was going to be at church and he was the first one she listed off as being her friend. I was so worried she was going to be scarred for life because her “best friend” was moving away. I worried she would ask where he was and I would have to console her when I told her he was gone. I braced myself for a long conversation about “Owen moving to Minnesota” and how we wouldn’t see him for a long time (if ever). I mean, I guess I thought she was ten. I way overestimated my two year old. After he left, she said very matter-of-factly, “Owee moved to Sota.” Sorry Owen…no tears. Obviously, she doesn’t know how far “Sota” really is.

We had the opportunity to have them stay with us a few days while they were in between houses. We had a great time just visiting and enjoying them being in our home.

IMG_4132

 

IMG_4135

Thanks for being such great friends…we’ll miss you down here in Texas, but we’re excited to see what the Lord has in store for your family up north. Enjoy the weather!!

1 comment:

iz said...

i just read your post and wish i could wrinkle my nose to be down in your back yard on the porch swing watching little ones play to their hearts' content. i so agree in wishing that our paths would have crossed much earlier...we miss you all SO much. we are grateful to have you be our first texas visitors (even if it is just for dinner) and really hope that we can get the four of you up here soon to play in the lake or the snow and to get a taste of minnesota...we'll be back this fall and can't wait to see you then!!!