Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

62nd Annual Fling Reunion

Not sure if you can tell yet, but we’ve had a busy summer! I’m trying to keep up but I’m failing miserably. So I’m going to stop worrying about putting all these events in order. That’s right…I’m getting’ a little crazy! Let’s go back about a month.

family reunion

All the way back to the Family Reunion. When the second weekend in June rolls around, there’s only one place you will find us (and about 150 of my relatives)….the Fling Reunion. Three words describe it…

Food…

fling reunion (2)

Fun…

P6122428

Hannah

and lots of Family…

P6122419

Nan and Pop

P6122413

P6122422

P6122414

P6122415

P6122429

P6122420

Sam

P6122425

Did I mention some of us are a little crazy?

P6122412

This year, just like every year I can remember, we gathered at the lake and had a great time visiting and eating and swimming.

Mike led the auction.

Fling Reunion

We raffled off a beautiful ring and necklace made by Fling Jewelers in Bryan.

u

Aunt Margo made this beautiful quilt that sold for $600!! That’s Mama and Granddaddy Fling in the middle. I never got to meet them, but they left a legacy that long outlived their time here on earth.

quilt

The kids are always so proud of their trophies after the fishing tournament (even though I think they all get one)!

kids

Sunset

As always, I feel so blessed to be a part of this legacy and love that Hannah and Nathan get to experience it too.

Can’t wait until next year!

1 comment:

Donald and Angela said...

FRIEND! I love it - that is what I've done too - just embrace the tardiness of blogging! Looks like such a fantastic time - I really love that you all do that! So special! Hope to see you soon!