Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Monday, June 29, 2009

60th Annual Fling Family Reunion

My family has a long and wonderful tradition of gathering once a year at Toledo Bend Reservoir for a family reunion. We start out on Friday night with hamburgers and karaoke. Saturday begins with breakfast and a fishing tournament followed by sandwiches for lunch. At 2:00 there is an auction (we raised over $4,000 this year), and the day ends with a fish fry. Sunday morning we have a short business meeting and devotion (led by my husband this year) and a potluck lunch where everyone brings their favorite dish!
I know what your thinking: "All this at a family reunion. I thought they were suppose to be boring." Contrary to popular belief, my family reunion is always lots of fun. I have looked forward to this weekend every year since I was a little girl, and I was so excited to take Hannah this year to carry on the tradition. Below are a few pictures:


All the kids swimming in the lake (this use to be me).


Aunt Margo hard at work pouring the tea for lunch.


Me and my cousins that I usually only see once a year.


We rented a sno-cone machine this year.


Ashly and Weston with a fish he caught.


Me, Dad, Hannah, Amber and Sam.


Some of the great-grandkids.


Daddy frying the fish for dinner.


Uncle Tony and Papaw resting after a hard days work.

1 comment:

Ashley W. said...

That is such a fun thing for your family to do every year - I love it! I'm so glad we got to see you the other night!