Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Nathan’s 4th Birthday

How is it May and I’m just now writing this post? We have a lot to catch up on!

Here is the birthday boy on his actual birthday blowing out his candle!

IMG_7889IMG_7891

A few weeks later we went to the doctor for his check-up. He didn’t like the finger prick..

photo (27)

but really enjoyed the hearing test!

photo (26)

We met Scott for lunch at In-and-Out for a special treat.

IMG_1467

Nathan has grown up a lot this past year in some ways…not so much in others. His fits are still epic. I’m writing that first because we just got finished with one so it’s still fresh and I’m pretty annoyed. He’s so stubborn. So. Very. Stubborn. He wants what he wants and when he wants it. And has an opinion when he gets it. Don’t we all, I guess. We’re hanging in there though. I guess we’re doing something right if he’s pitching fits. It means he doesn’t get everything he wants. That’s the way I’m looking at it anyway.

But on the other hand, he can be so very charming. He gives the best kisses and is my little snuggler when he wants to be. And he’s Scott’s little sidekick around the house. He showers with him in the morning and then follows him around in the evenings talking to him the entire time. He loves to talk and he never meets a stranger.

He also has the best memory. If I need to remember something and I don’t have a pen and paper, I just tell him my list and he recalls it perfectly when the time comes. His mind is like a steel trap. He’s the same with directions. If he’s been there once, he might not be able to get you there but he can get you close!

His best friend is a little girl named Alexa. It’s actually pretty funny. They are inseparable at school and constantly wanting her mom and I to arrange play dates. Of course they know nothing about being girlfriend and boyfriend, they just get along really well. He told me one day that sometimes they get in “aggravates” but then they work it out. He gets the word argument and aggravate confused. When she arrived at his birthday party, Nathan acted like she was the only one here. He gave her a big hug and then went around introducing her to all his grandparents. It was hilarious!

Nathan still loves sports. One minute he’s throwing a football in the living room then he’s kicking a soccer ball down the hall then he’s hitting a ball on the ground pretending to play hockey.

photo (29)

He played soccer this spring and did quite well. And by that I mean he was really good. By the end of the season he was scoring 8 goals a game and the last game he scored 10. And he was only in for two quarters! He is just relentless with the ball and doesn’t stop until it’s in the goal. And most kids are clueless about the score. Not Nathan. Most of the time he could tell you the exact score for both teams. He did this because he wanted to make sure his team won. He likes to win. He really likes to win.

photo (23)

He also still has a really loud voice. I asked him if his teacher ever ask him to use his inside voice. He replied, “Yes, but when I use my inside voice they tell me to zip my lips!” I completely understand. He is very outgoing and, like I said earlier, he talks to everyone. He asks “why” all the time and is never satisfied with your first five answers!

Here is his birthday questionnaire for this year:

1. What is your favorite color?  Blue

2. What is your favorite toy?  Superheroes

3. What is your favorite stuffed animal?  My sweet little doggy

4. What is your favorite thing to sleep with?  My little blankies and my doggie and my bee pillow

5. What is your favorite fruit? grapes

6. What is your favorite cereal? Honey Nut Cheerios

7. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast?  Waffles

8. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch?  Ham with apples and stuff

9. What is your favorite dessert?  Ice-cream 

10. What is your favorite animal? A lion

11. What is your favorite book? Paddington the Bear

12. What is your favorite song? Church songs

13. What is your favorite game? Tic Tac Toe three in a Row

14. What is your favorite TV show? Miles from Tomorrowland 

15. What is your favorite movie? Paddington 

16. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play football

17. Who is your best friend? Alexa 

18. What is your favorite bible story? Moses and the 10 Commandments

19. What do you want to be when you grow up?  A football player

20. What’s your favorite sport? football

We love you, Nathan!

photo (31)

photo (28)

IMG_1506IMG_1514

No comments: