For Nathan’s actual birthday I had a few fun things planned. Park with friends, lunch with Daddy, etc. Instead Hannah and I woke up that morning with a stomach virus. Sorry Nathan. We spent the whole day inside. I was about 7 months pregnant, so all I could do (in between bathroom runs) was turn on the tv and set out cereal. So for your third birthday, Nathan, you watched tv and ate cereal all day. I felt bad until I actually thought about it. You probably had a great day. What kid wouldn’t like non-stop tv and cereal!?! We managed to sing Happy Birthday to you and let you blow out your candles before we all headed to the couch.
But to be fair…I made fun plans for you that Thursday when Big Sister was in school and it was just me and you (we took Nathan out of school in January just because).
We went to see the Fort Worth Symphony perform Peter Rabbit. This is one of your favorite stories so I thought you would like it. It was really entertaining. They showed illustrations from the book and a lady read/sang the story while the orchestra played.
Don’t let this picture fool you. You had a great time.
Then we met Daddy for lunch at CFA before picking up Hannah and playing at home. We let you pick out your meals for the day and you chose waffles for breakfast, nuggets for lunch and pancakes for dinner. You love waffles!!
And not just any waffles. You love your daddy’s waffles. He cooks them for you most Saturday mornings per your request and he can never turn you down. You also love helping him work. You helped him spread mulch in our flower beds one Saturday with your little tractor.
By the way, you can drive this thing like nobody’s business. Seriously, your good. You have really great hand-eye coordination. Check this video out:
Like most 2-3 year olds, your mood can change very quickly. You are so happy one minute and then all of a sudden your AWFUL! I mean. really. awful. Thank goodness you’re so cute!
You also have a really. loud. voice. It’s hilarious how loud it is. And you love to talk (especially in the car) so we are always telling you to use your inside voice. When you actually try to talk quiet, it’s this really high pitched whisper. It makes me laugh so hard.
Below is your birthday questionnaire. Some of your answers are totally random. I thought about changing your answers or suggesting what I thought your answers should be but I refrained.
1. What is your favorite color? Blue
2. What is your favorite toy? Ninja Turtle
3. What is your favorite stuffed animal? Bee pillow
4. What is your favorite thing to sleep with? My little blanket
5. What is your favorite fruit? Apples and carrots
6. What is your favorite cereal? Rice Krispy's
7. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Pancakes
8. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? PB&J
9. What is your favorite dessert? Vanilla ice-cream
10. What is your favorite animal? Horse
11. What is your favorite book? Goodnight, Goodnight Construction Sight and Curious George
12. What is your favorite song? Let it Go (Frozen)
13. What is your favorite game? Chutes and Ladders
14. What is your favorite TV show? Doc McStuffins
15. What is your favorite movie? Frozen
16. What is your favorite thing to do outside? play tag, obstacle course
17. Who is your best friend? Cousin Sam
18. What is your favorite bible story? Jerusalem
19. What do you want to be when you grow up? I want to sail on a boat
20. What’s your favorite sport? Baseball and Football
We love you so much Nathan!!