Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving

IMG_4972

This year we really wanted to do something that would help our family focus on our many blessings during Thanksgiving. Although we are in the midst of a difficult period and it’s sometimes hard to give thanks in the midst of tragedy, that’s exactly what we needed (and wanted to do).

I’m sure you’ve seen the many Thankful Tree ideas out in blogland or on Pinterest.  We decided to make a simple one for our family. Hannah helped me find branches in our yard and I made a leaf pattern and cut out one for each day.  At night we talked about what we were thankful for that day and tried to focus on giving thanks in all circumstances. Here are a few of my favorites from Hannah:

-Daddy (this made the list almost everyday)

-applejuice

-Dr. Murphy

-the park

-Ballerina movie

thankful tree

(the leaves look a little like fish to me. I’ll get a better pattern next year.)

We spent Thanksgiving day with Scott’s family at Mama Jo’s house. All I had to do was make two pies and show up for some seriously good food!

Hannah helped out as much as she could.

IMG_4978

Three generations in the kitchen.

IMG_4982

Scott and John carved the turkey for us.

IMG_5000

And I always forget to get pictures of Mama Jo’s pretty table, but not this time!

Isn’t it beautiful!?!

IMG_4990

Hannah even had her own kid’s size china place setting (I’m so glad she didn’t break it).

IMG_4996

Hannah made everyone place cards. I think they match perfectly :)

IMG_4995

Then there was the food!

IMG_4997

…and more food.

IMG_4998

It was all so wonderful! I ate oh so much…and then I ate some more. We lounged and watched the Cowboys win and then we watched our dear Aggies lose…sigh.

The Hubley’s are truly blessed and humbly thankful.

No comments: