Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Monday, May 23, 2011

Hannah’s Ice Cream Party

When I found these invitations on clearance at Hobby Lobby back in January, it was a no brainer that Hannah was going to have an ice-cream party for her 2nd birthday. I mean, what’s better that ice-cream and swimming for a summer birthday?

IMG_3947

I had lots of fun planning for this party. I won’t claim any of the ideas for myself though… I got most of them from the internet. I also had lots of help from my sister-in-law. She designed the text for the invitations, cup-cake toppers, and labels. Thanks Candace!! (If anyone is interested, her company is called Pearl Box Prints and she does a great job)!!

Here is the Ice-Cream Bar. We had all sorts of yummy toppings!

IMG_3844-4

I also made a cake and fun ice-cream cone cupcakes for the kids. I really just loaded them all up with sugar and sent them home…your welcome parents!

IMG_3844-3

However, we did have a little bit of fruit and cheese and crackers for our healthy guests.

IMG_3850

And a party wouldn’t be a party without a birthday banner right?

IMG_3851

For the favors I made these ice-cream cone shaped crayons. I found the idea here

IMG_3940

I put them in little baggies and printed off a personalized coloring sheet from the Twisty Noodle that read, “Hannah’s Ice Cream Shop.” 

IMG_3849

Now, on to more important things…the birthday girl!  She had such a great time running around playing with everyone.

IMG_3842IMG_3857IMG_3860

She loved it when everyone sang to her. She had been singing happy birthday to herself pretty much all week, so she knew the song well. I was so glad she cooperated and wore her birthday hat. I found that idea here.

IMG_3881

We tried to get a family shot, but Hannah was focused on the cake (Nathan is in the sling).

IMG_3883

She was pretty much focused on eating as much sugar as possible the rest of the party. Every time I saw her she had a mouthful of cupcake or cake or ice-cream. Here are a few examples….

IMG_3886IMG_3892IMG_3903IMG_3904IMG_3905IMG_3906

And it wouldn’t be a party without Aunt Anne!!

IMG_3912

Thanks to everyone who came to celebrate our little girl! We are so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family that come alongside us in life to help make such wonderful memories.

No comments: