Hubley Happenings

Hubley Happenings
Angel Fire Summer 2014

Saturday, December 25, 2010

"La Posada" (The Inn)

I looked and looked for a live nativity in the area to take Hannah to this Christmas and finally found a great one last Monday night not too far from our house. They had it set up where a crowd gathered at a church one mile from the actual nativity scene and we walked behind "Mary and Joseph" to remember their pilgrimage to Bethlehem.

And I have to say, it was pretty emotional for me. When your 8 months pregnant, you cry at just about anything (this has been true of my pregnancies anyway). I cry pretty much on a regular basis now. I cried one night when Scott was reading to Hannah because I thought it was such a sweet moment, I cry pretty much every Sunday in church, I started crying the other day when I was making our holiday grocery list, and I cried today when I saw a lost dog sign because I started thinking about Blue and Sarah. So the scene of Joseph leading Mary on a donkey to bring our Savior into the world sent me over the edge. I was trying to hold back a river of tears because there were so many people around. I didn't want them to think I was going into labor.

But I couldn't help but think of how Mary felt. I mean I only walked a mile and by the end I wanted to push the fake Mary off the donkey and ride it myself. I was uncomfortable and tired. I kept thinking if I do go into labor right now (for some reason) I could go to a clean hospital with wonderful physicians to have my baby. Mary was walking toward uncertainty...toward a dirty stable and barnyard animals. Yet she trusted God. She trusted His plan and brought Jesus into the world. What a wonderful way to usher in the Christmas season! Remembering the baby. Remembering Him. Our perfect Savior with the perfect plan.

Here are some pictures from that night:

Hannah kept wanting to eat the candle at the church.

She made the pilgrimage in her back-pack.

Mary and Joseph. We kept telling Hannah that a donkey says "he-haw," but she insisted that it sounded something like "brrrrr" and proceeded to make that noise the WHOLE mile.

The angels appeared to the shepherds in the field.
The wise men came to worship the Baby King! (This was a really cool to watch).

They also had a petting zoo set up nearby, so after the story was told, we let Hannah go see all the other animals.



We had such a great time and I hope to make this one of our annual Christmas traditions.

No comments: